Friday, June 13, 2008

More Strawberry Oatmeal and BlogHer


An update to my Strawberry Oatmeal Experimentation

The watery consistency I encountered on my first try has nearly disappeared; midway through the cooking process the oatmeal is more liquid than usual but it thickens by the time it's done. I'm a microwave oatmeal cooker most of the time, so I use some plastic wrap to cover. Pulling the plastic back to stir the add-ins, I'm hit with a humid berry aroma that is almost better than the eating. ....almost

I love the ground flax and it's essential now; it has a nuttiness that's different than anything else, and the health benefits are appealing. I add a teaspoon to a half tablespoon to my bowl and I have less granola on the side. Delicious! I've had this every morning since we returned from Pennsylvania, I really missed it.

~

A little cat blogging this Friday morning. Padma was VERY happy to see us when we came home. Every time I sit she is right there to jump in my lap, but I'm also aware I was missed because I OPEN THE WINDOWS.














Padma is an indoor cat so her fascination with birds is always from a distance. I open the
windows every morning to let cool air in before it gets hot, and she is right there to stare and cackle. Simple entertainment. :-) She's usually a little cat statue for at least an hour in the morning.

~

Finally, I'm very excited because yesterday I registered for the Friday sessions of BlogHer '08 in San Francisco. The conference is July 18-20th, and I'm lucky it's so close to home. Unfortunately, I have several conflicts that weekend so I can only make it to Friday, but I'll get as much as I can out of the day.
I'll be there when it opens in the morning and through any cocktail parties at night.

Is anyone else planning to attend? Let me know, I'd love to put a face to a name and say thanks for reading, and for writing.

-:- cin cin -:-

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yes, flax is definitely essential in oatmeal - adds so much flavor/texture!

Love Padma!! So precious :0)

Anonymous said...

the two kitties I live with are the same way...windows open and they are immediately on the sill!