Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Grill

We just bought an outdoor grill.
NH is going to learn to BBQ.
Me? Grilled pizza here I come!


Last night my youngest brother Matthew came by for dinner and we grilled for the first time. NH wanted cheeseburgers, and to do it all himself. He bought the patties, cheese, and hamburger buns, and agreed to make me whatever I wanted.


I had some portobello mushroom caps, and I discovered a veggie burger brand I actually like. I'm not a big fan of freezer veggie burgers I've tried in the past, but I like these: Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers.


All recognizable ingredients, these burgers have chunks of flavorful vegetables. The Tex-Mex flavor is good too.


Here they all are, burgers and veggies grilling away.


I had my veggie burger and one mushroom cap with a little ketchup and bbq sauce. NH did a great job cooking the burgers, he and Matthew ate 1 1/2 each. A successful first grill!

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GORGEOUS grill.

Sarah said...

LOL thank you VeggieGirl. :-)

It's lovely and shiny now, let's hope it stays that way for a little while.

I cannot wait to grill pizza! That being said, I'm going to have to get over my fear of the propane tank first. I have a gas stove/oven, but for some reason the tank of gas under the grill scares me much more.

Anonymous said...

those portebellos seem magical!!

Mo said...

Lovely grill! We make grilled pizza all the time. I got a pizza stone for the grill at Crate and Barrel.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Those mushies look stunning! WOW, they are so huge....YUM