Sunday, June 15, 2008

Figs on Parade

!!LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT WHOLE FOODS!!


My favorite favorite favorite fruit (and that's saying something)

The tiny early summer fig season must be here, because there was a shocking display of these at the front of the store this morning. The main fig season is August-September-ish and I assumed I wouldn't get any until then. Often figs in the store look a little battered but these looked terrific, and for $6.99/lb (my carton was slightly less) it's worth a little splurge.


Last year I got my figs from my parents' tree and from work; Google always had an abundance of figs and I didn't waste one. Now I'm going to have to buy them myself ....Or just make more trips home to visit. :-)

The rest of the morning's fruit purchases:

I'm trying to limit Whole Foods shopping to fruit and other special produce.

I love shopping there; I've become friends with a few employees and I always learn something from the produce staff. But other things there can be a little pricey and more of a treat so I'm limiting myself to those sections only, and buying the rest of our things at Safeway and the occasional Trader Joes.

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, lucky!! No figs here yet - not even dried ones!! :0(

I'm known at my local Whole Foods by name, haha :0D

Anonymous said...

Yum, figs! I need to get a hold of some soon!