Monday, June 16, 2008

Green Thumb

Yesterday afternoon, I Krazy-glued some tissue to my fingers.


I had a "This stuff isn't working" moment, and tried to wipe the glue off.
I've spent the last 24 hours with bits of tissue stuck to me.
:-)

~
I'm feeling good because my green thumb is slowly starting to appear. I've done some planting at the new house, but all has not gone well.

I think this gardenia my family gave us will not survive- it's not looking too good despite my best efforts to plant and water it properly. I'm going to keep caring for it though, just in case it's reacting to being planted.


These lemon basil seeds looked ok, but the little sprouts have since gone away. I tried to get them maximum sun exposure but I don't think they got enough.


Another basil plant didn't survive the transplant to the yard either. I've been feeling a little discouraged. but I'm telling myself that I'm a new gardener and I will have some misses before I get good at this.

So I'm very happy to report that one thing seems to be doing well (at least for now- fingers crossed!)


The bougainvillea I planted near our front door is starting to grow leaves. It had lost all flowers and leaves when I replanted it, normal trauma from being transplanted. But because of my other failures I had my doubts that it would survive. But it seems to be doing ok. Score!

1 comment:

Erica said...

First off, I think thats awesome that you glued tissue to your finger haha- I do stuff like that all the time. You have some tough plants to keep growing! I think all of our plants would be dead if not for a neighbor who grew up on a farm. He seems to know the randomest remedies to make plants grow! Thanks for the well wishes :) Have a good day!!