Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A (Very) Quick Dip

I have so much I want to do today! I've already worked out, vaccuumed and swept the floors, weeded the front yard, made and eaten breakfast, and made and consumed my first coffee with my new french press (pretty good for my first try)!
But the sun is shining, and there's a lot more I want to accomplish. You know those days, where your mental to-do list is long and you want to get going before you lose steam and leave it incomplete?
First, I want to share a great dip recipe with you.

I have a little backlog of recipes to share; I made this dip for a Super Bowl party this year and loved it. It's smoky with a minor kick of heat, and made even better when crowned with some extra sharp cheddar. It held its own next to the creamy ranch dip and guacamole classics on the table. And did I mention that it's possibly the fastest party food I've ever made?
I can't wait to try it as a veggie filling for tacos or nestled underneath the polenta next time I make Tamale Casserole.


Smoky Black Bean Dip
adapted from activefoodie on Tasty Kitchen

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 tsp adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chilies
1 tsp salt
1 garlic clove
6 cherry tomatoes, diced
the juice from 1 lime
1/2 large jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Add the beans, adobo sauce, salt, and garlic to a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add the lime juice, jalapeno, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and pulse a few more times to combine thoroughly. You can leave it more chunky or process a little more for a smooth dip, your choice. Garnish with sharp cheddar cheese, and serve with blue corn chips.

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!
~::::~

2 comments:

Erica said...

YUM! This is so my kind of dip. I love beans, spice & cheese (can't go wrong). Hope the second half of your day is just as productive as the first ;)

Kelly said...

Sounds like quite the perfect dip and the perfect day.