Saturday, May 2, 2009

Relaxing with the Family

A visit to my godparents in Paradise Valley, Arizona is compulsory after a family wedding. Relatives from Cyprus had flown in, and we were joined by the bride's Chinese family. We relaxed, socialized, and ate. Despite a language barrier with some of the guests, there is universal understanding in games and food.

~:~

We know how to eat! My aunt laid out a beautiful spread, which we honored by demolishing throughout the day.

Gorgeous fruit

Grandma's spanakopita- NO ONE makes it better. I challenge you to find someone who does!

olives and halloumi cheese (a Cypriot export) covered in plastic wrap

Sprinkles Cupcakes!

My first taste of these famous desserts. My verdict: they are pretty yummy for store bought baked goods.

My favorite? Same as my godmother: the Red Velvet (bottom right)

Ray, aka Mr. Snacker Man, sampling some of the hors d'oeuvres before the main event

We also feasted on pasta salad, shish kebab, grilled salmon, bread, and salad. True to form, too busy eating to capture photos.

Such a great day, thank you Aunt Dorothy and Uncle George! :-)

~::~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah, we enjoyed such a wonderful and fun day with you and your family. Miss you already.
Aunt D.