served with Suite Apple granola on the side
1 cup water
1 large strawberry and a handful of blueberries
light vanilla soy milk (8th Continent light vanilla)
1 tablespoon ground flax
2-3 large pinches of Suite Apple Granola
1. Cut strawberry into pieces and add half along with half the blueberries into a bowl with the oatmeal and water.
2. Microwave for 1.40 minutes (will vary by microwave).
3. Add a pinch of salt and some cinnamon and stir. Add the sweetener of your choice (I use Splenda packets).
4. Stir well, and add a few splashes of soy milk.
5. Cover again and microwave for 50 seconds to heat.
6. Remove and stir once again, adding a few more splashes of soy milk to moisten. I like my oatmeal more liquidy these days so I add a bit more.
7. Return and microwave once more for 1 minute at half power.
8. Top with the ground flax and the remaining fruit. Sprinkle a pinch of granola over the top; save the rest on the side to add to the bowl as you eat (it will stay crunchy if you add it as you go)