Wednesday, July 2, 2008

FIGHT!

Not very much baking going on these days, but a lot of playing around


It's called Foodie Fight. My parents gave it to me for my birthday in January. Think Trivial Pursuit, without the board to slow you down. I can't believe I have not written about it before, although check it out on my list of recommended Amazon products.

NH and I play it often, but this week we've been playing nightly. I don't have the love of board games that NH does, but I do enjoy this game. I do tend to kick his butt at this game :-) but we're both learning a whole lot. It makes me happy to see NH's food knowledge expanding too.


For me the hardest questions are the purple "Food Stars", which is usually random pop culture trivia. I also have a tough time with questions about measurements (so embarrassing)!
Here's one of the cards we used in our last game. I asked NH the green question ("Lab and Field").


Can you see it? Oddly enough, the answer is pets!

~

As I said, I haven't done much cooking this week, at least what I feel is worthy to talk about. I'm trying to be more creative with weekday meals, using leftovers and avoiding the stove and oven because it's warm.
NH's evening meals
spaghetti, miso soup with dumplings, rotisserie chicken with couscous and peas
My daily meals
oatmeal as always for breakfast, vegetable salads for lunch, miso soup, spaghetti squash and roasted eggplant for dinner
~
Today I admit to you that I may succumb and eat frozen yogurt for lunch. I have a cold sore in my mouth and frozen will make it feel better.
It's nonfat and I eat it with a little granola and rainbow-colored sprinkles- happy!
Not the most nutritious lunch I know, so feel free to reprimand me. I think my diet is extremely healthy with this one little hiccup now and then.
I'll make up for it tonight with a big vegetable salad for dinner. :-)

*UPDATE*

I DID have frozen yogurt for lunch today:
nonfat Pistachio Cream and nonfat Tart Raspberry Pineapple with rainbow sprinkles and some homemade granola.
Delish, loved every bite! Raspberry Pineapple is a new fave. :-)

~:~

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun game!!

Your daily meals sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading about your experience with this game. I actually spoke with the PR person for University Games, which makes it, for an article I wrote, but I never got to play the game. It sounds really fun!