Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Changes

If you visit me often, you'll notice I've made some changes recently.

My title banner has shrunk to accommodate more content above the fold.

I've added my Twitter account to the space. What is Twitter you say? Check it out!! I joined a few months ago after reading about it on a local blog, and BlogHer was abuzz about it this weekend. Based in SF, these are hometown people!

You may also have noticed the new ad to the left, and the 'Featured Publisher' badge up top. I'm fortunate to be linked with FoodBuzz, an amazing site also based in SF. It's devoted to food and restaurant content exclusively. I'm all about that. The people are great and it's a fun site. Give it a look-see.

During my brief time at BlogHer '08, there was some discussion about the focus on a blog. Many people seem to think their blog must have one focus, a subject that it sticks to throughout its life. I admit to being a victim of this feeling in the past but I'm trying to break free. We continue to evolve over time, why should our writing remain static?

Suite Apple Pie is nothing like it was when I created it last August, but I like where it's going. And if it pleases me, and you my readers, I can't ask for more. It is still a food blog first and foremost, a diary of creation and consumption in my little corner of the world. But it's also about the life that revolves around the food, and the place in which that life takes place. I have added a heading underneath my title in an attempt to capture this idea.

What do you think, how am I doing?
I'd love to hear more from you, and I love emails! I've added my blog email to the left sidebar; Please write to me at sarah.suiteapple@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments about me or this blog.

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yes, I do visit often :0)

Sarah, I think you're doing great with your blog - keep up the great work!!