Sunday, November 8, 2009

Morning After

Gorgeous day
For personal reasons I only made it to the first night and morning of the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival, but I'm so grateful for every moment of it. I hope to be able to participate more next year, but this time I soaked up as much as I could in the shortened time.


I love my city, but too often I make the trek downtown and the weather is dismal.
I mean look- this is what it looked like coming in Friday afternoon.
Not a good sign right?

The next morning, clear skies and sun- soo lucky!
I snuck upstairs to the 8th floor terrace to get a look at the view along the Embarcadero. It was so pretty I forgot to think about my fear of heights.

And that precious moon! Can you see it?


~::::~

After the roof terrace, my first stop was Bluebottle for some coffee.
Plain coffee is individually dripped here.
It was pretty impressive to watch each cup slowly fill with fresh coffee.

Right before 9:00, it's relatively peaceful inside the Ferry Building which was a little shocking. This place is usually beyond crowded for me- mental note to come before breakfast as opposed to lunchtime. It didn't last long, by 10:00 the place was getting packed.
While I was enjoying my coffee, this gentleman was sipping wine at the Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant.
At 9AM. Love it.
The Bay Bridge looking towards the East Bay- Hi Mother- and Father-in-Law!
My last two trips to the Ferry Building were dark and rainy.
A sunny day makes all the difference.

~::::~

No comments: