Sunday, December 7, 2008

Make Ahead Diva

I am so prepped for the week!


4 days of Pumpkin Oatmeal and A Vegetable Soup for tomorrow's lunch
Both soup portions are for tomorrow- Mom is visiting me at work!

I don't have to worry about many lunches this week. On Tuesday my team is having a holiday lunch, and Wednesday my Dad is coming to visit and we'll go to a place nearby for sushi.
I love eating my own prepared lunch, but a break from having to think about it will be refreshing.

~::~

Not much 'cooking' here lately- I've been throwing meals together quickly with whatever we have on hand (ie no recipes). We've had a few repeats lately- Miso Soup, Peanut Noodles for NH, Mideastern Chickpea Soup, and lots and lots of Spaghetti Squash for me. It's really cold out and we are gravitating towards comforting favorites.

~::~



Precooking lots of oatmeal is a new thing, but I really like it. It saves me time during the week and pumpkin oatmeal gets real custardy when reheated. I also get to use this precious pot.



A gift from Mom before our wedding, this cheerful little pot lives on my stove. It's from NapaStyle and I love it. A bit of an odd in-between size, it's great for side dishes or several servings of oats. The heavy bottom works great, allowing the oats to cook a long time without burning.

~:::~

3 comments:

Erica said...

That pot is so pretty! Love the make ahead meals! They make things sooo much easier- enjoy lunch tomorrow with your mom!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for being deliciously prepped!! :-)

Gorgeous gift from Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, I wish I were prepared for the coming week!

Have a great night! ;)