Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I was born at 10:30 pm on January 29, 1983.

26 years ago.

~:~

It's been a wonderful day, thank you so much for all the salutations and good wishes. I feel so loved. From email to Facebook to phone, I had no idea so many people remembered. Thanks!

Thank you S. and C., who took me for a fabulous birthday lunch at Sushi Blossom.
I had the 'Sarah Roll'- they say they will name it for me because I made it up today. They were lovely to accommodate my request, and I wish I could show you a picture. I took one with my phone but I'm not able to upload it to my computer.
You must imagine a spicy tuna roll topped with salmon, and lemon slices. Yum!


I had one plan for my birthday dinner, but that changed as the day went on. It's my day so I went with what I felt like. I made the best miso soup we've had in a while.
The dashi broth had white miso, roasted corn, nori, and edamame dumplings.


Tonight we opened a fabulous wine: Domenico Winery's 2005 Zinfandel
(that's NH playing with his new iPhone in the background)

Domenico is one of our favorite winemakers. They never disappoint, and the winery is located a few miles away.


This Zin is a winner; I had a bit more than my share, and am little tipsy at the moment-
hey, it's my birthday!


Because of the day, we made a trip to Yumi Yogurt, my favorite. No picture; as usual I snarfed it down right quick.
They had great flavors tonight- tart raspberry- passion fruit and vanilla bean cheesecake. Delicious! Someday I'll take a picture to show you. Promise. To borrow from the housewives of NYC, this is the skinny girls indulgence- red wine, soup, and frozen yogurt.

~::~

NH's biggest birthday surprise is an event next weekend, February 7th. I thought I'd find out what it was tonight, but instead I received some directions with holes in them. I can guess if I want, but I have no clue. All I know is that I need an overnight bag-
I won't find out until we're leaving! It could be anywhere within two hours of our home- Half Moon Bay, Napa Valley, Bodega Bay, Monterey, Carmel, San Francisco.... any one of these would be wonderful, but the suspense is craazy!

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to a wonderful weekend- time with my family on Saturday, my girlfriends on Sunday, and relaxation and a bit more indulgence. My hottest weekend-going-out jeans are barely hanging on to my hips these days, so I have a bunch of wiggle room in my diet.

Kindest, Sarah at Suite Apple Pie
~:~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! sounds like you had a wonderful evening of everything YOU wanted! Glad you had a nice day :)

Erica said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL day. I especially like the part about the yogurt- YUM! Glad you are in such a great place in your life. Enjoy your trip next weekend- how fun.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DEAR SARAH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!