Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Introducing...


Meet Padma, the other lady of the house. She was brought home from the animal shelter immediately after our honeymoon last July. Her mother was found behind a fast food restaurant's dumpster, so Padma's birthname was Chicken Wing.
She is at my side whenever I'm in the kitchen, climbing up my leg as I work or watching closely from my kitchen stool. In the past 8 months she has become a major part of our daily lives, so it seems long overdue to introduce her to my blog. As a baby she was boundlessly energetic and curious, and not much has changed. Her limited diet consists of dry soy kitten food, although she does have an affinity for frozen yogurt, just like me.

Since moving into the new house, Padma's universe has expanded exponentially. Before her world was limited to the 800 square feet of our dark, nearly windowless apartment. I think she and I were suffering from a lack of Vitamin D since we've both really perked up in the last two weeks. Her new domain is the top of the couch in front of the window, where she can survey every new sight and sound.


From here she can monitor all outside activity: cars, gardeners, neighbor's pets, and the flag mounted on the house across the street. Her world used to consist of NH and I; her world has expanded just as ours has.

No comments: