Saturday, April 4, 2009

Out of the Ordinary

A cookie with carrots, oatmeal, and nuts!

In the mood for some 'experimental' baking, I whipped up these cookies that I bookmarked. The recipe is not mine, belonging to Heidi Swanson over at 101 Cookbooks.

I love a cookie recipe with unusual ingredients. I tweaked her recipe for my own purposes, using half the amount of nuts for my less nut-centric crowd. I also used a maple syrup/honey mixture so I wouldn't deplete my maple stores as much.

For the recipe, please visit Heidi's beautiful website here.

While Ray prefers a cookie with chocolate chips, he approves of these and said they are quite tasty. With the carrot and oats, I feel comfortable knowing these will be consumed for breakfast and snacks. :-)

~::~

~:::~

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm!!!

Glad Ray approved of them too!! :-)

Erica said...

YUM! Love the changes you made to the recipe! These look amazing. Hope you guys are having good weather and a nice weekend!