Monday, February 9, 2009

Sharing the Love

The surprise? NH took me to Napa Valley for a day of wine tasting.

My sweet hubby rented a limousine so he did not have to worry about driving like usual. The best part? He secretly arranged with my friends who spent the day with us, and I was completely surprised!


The ladies~

~and the gentlemen


~:~


We met them at Silverado Resort and Spa, also where NH and I spent the night. The white columned main building was beautiful on a lucky sunny morning.


~a little birthday fun: that's a picture of me on the party hat, with a little mustache action~


We visited six wineries, the first of which was Chimney Rock. We'd never been here but received an excellent bottle as a housewarming gift, so NH fit it on the itinerary. He's so creative, he planned the whole day.

We stopped at V Sattui Winery for lunch. We aren't in love with their wines, but we keep coming back for the food samples and the lunch options.


NH and I shared a delicious margherita panini, with gooey mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes.


Another favorite stop, and a repeat visit, was Rutherford Hill. Fantastic wines, and a beautiful tasting room.




Duckhorn Vineyards won for the most pleasant tasting experience.



By reservation only, the setting is well worth the advance planning.

Other visits included Clos du Val and Domaine Chandon, another repeat offender. By Chandon, I'm afraid the silliness had descended upon us.

Dinner was a fantastic meal at Ristorante Allegria in downtown Napa. We had a private room housed in an old bank vault, and I dined on Pappardelle allo Zafferano ~ fresh homemade saffron pasta, jumbo prawns, with wild mushrooms, artichoke hearts, finished with roasted shrimp Sorry no pictures, by that time my camera battery was dead so it just lives in my memory.

This post is a love letter to NH, who gave me such a wonderful day. I don't know what I did to deserve it, I don't think it was in this life! :-)

~::~

4 comments:

HangryPants said...

This was really sweet to read.

Heather

Erica said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Oh my gosh- so sweet! Love that he had all of your friends there as a surprise! What a great birthday present and such cute pictures. GREAT job NH!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

BEYOND AMAZING!!!

NH is definitely a keeper!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! What an amazing surprise. That may have made me a little teary...