Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pie

No birthday cake for me. I'd like pie please.

Somewhere along the way my sweet preference switched from cake to pie. Childhood birthdays consisted of various combos: vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, raspberry jam and whipped cream, chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.

~

All of you out there who favor of cake- it's because you haven't had my Mom's pie. ~

Her repertoire could stock a bakery, but my choice was apple with a streusel topping. With candles of course!


This pie's apples were firmer and tart- perfection.

Thank you Mom. With love, your pie magnet.

~::~

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I prefer pie too :-)

Erica said...

owww you cut your hair- I love it! So cute. That pie looks amazing. I must prefer pie to cake!

Erica said...

Sorry was watching tv as I typed that ;) I much* prefer pie to cake!

Fly in the Pie said...

The True Story of the Fly in the Pie