Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Prep

Sunday is now Prep Day around here; I did a pretty good job!


I'm exhausted, but I do have this to show for my efforts.

~:~

A fresh batch of granola and two servings of pumpkin oatmeal


A large spaghetti squash, baked at 350 for 40 minutes.

Two baking pans of roasted veggies- mushrooms, broccoli, turnips, yams, butternut squash, and mini bell peppers. All baked at 425 for 40 minutes. Roasted vegetables are never pretty, but who cares? They taste amazing.

Three varieties of grapes, washed. . .


. . . and pre-portioned popcorn from one bag.


Phew, I'm exhausted! But at least I will be well fed and less stressed :-)

~::~

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for being well-nourished for the upcoming week!!

Those roasted vegetables look pretty to me!! :0)

Anonymous said...

great idea with the prep day i started doing this a few weeks ago and it makes life so much easier throughout the week!

Anonymous said...

I do this every Sunday! This week I roasted 3 butternut squashes, made turkey sausage, peppers and onions for the week, and 3 oatmeal portions (I add so much crap to my oatmeal it's not really a quick breakfast anymore, so I'm all about making a bunch in one go and heating them up later).

I bet we were prepping at the same time!