Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 2: Joe Froggers

This dough is really sticky! Watch out, you'll need lots of flour- hands, board, and rolling pin- and a gentle hand to work with this dough. I tore it a few times, but it's forgiving so I was able to do some easy patchwork. I used a drinking glass with a 3 1/2 inch rim since I don't have cookie cutters and it worked great (remember to flour that too!). I wanted to make this first batch as the recipe recommends, but they do come out really big. I like smaller cookies, so next time I'll make them smaller and make more. They smell divine while baking and the cookies look like large cracked saucers. The edges of the cookie are crisp while the interior is soft and chewy. I like the salt mingled with the medley of spices in the cookie. I'll definitely be making these again, especially with the chilly months ahead of us.

No comments: