Thursday, February 17, 2011

In Disguise

These are cookie dough balls disguised as domes. I'm telling you.


These spheres of gooey smooshy batter and chocolate have been roaming the internet and I've been bookmarking them left right and center. We're having a dinner party tomorrow so the perfect excuse to try them out.


But mine didn't turn out. The dreaded spreading occured and most of mine are more like a regular cookie than a ball of dough. I followed directions to refrigerate the dough for at least 20 minutes, but the hand rolling does warm them up so a longer refrigeration would help them stay in shape.

Fortunately this failure still yields a perfectly tasty cookie.

Now the question of how crazy I am to be hosting a dinner party with a 3-month-old that has random meltdowns in the evening?
Maybe you can answer that for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dough balls, how i love thee. good luck with your dinner party!!

Erica said...

I've made the dough balls! hmmm maybe the spreading was due to a baking soda vs. baking powder ratio issue? Which ones did you make? I follow a chic life. I bet your dinner party will be FABULOUS!